Days of you
I see you in the early morn,
When the sky is light and shy -
Where it forms the most translucent veil
Behind which the moon can barely hide.
I feel you in the rising sun
Which awakes in glistening haze,
It glows upon the dewy moors
Whispers of light within its gaze
When it's at its peak, upon it's pedestal
The day seems at its brightest -
I sense you in the luscious greens
And I fail to sadden in the slightest
For its shine is the prettiest thing
Sweet nectar to those around it,
Your laugh unfiltered in its rays
Each day incomplete without it
I find you in the slow crawl of eve,
Where the blue begins to fade -
And there's a colder chill around
As the warmth is masked by shade
And when the cover of black appears,
Batting its twinkling eyes,
I only have to breathe in slow
To hear your gentle sighs,
You are with me from the morning,
And you linger through the day
And the night is never far behind
For in my dreams you stay
When the sky is light and shy -
Where it forms the most translucent veil
Behind which the moon can barely hide.
I feel you in the rising sun
Which awakes in glistening haze,
It glows upon the dewy moors
Whispers of light within its gaze
When it's at its peak, upon it's pedestal
The day seems at its brightest -
I sense you in the luscious greens
And I fail to sadden in the slightest
For its shine is the prettiest thing
Sweet nectar to those around it,
Your laugh unfiltered in its rays
Each day incomplete without it
I find you in the slow crawl of eve,
Where the blue begins to fade -
And there's a colder chill around
As the warmth is masked by shade
And when the cover of black appears,
Batting its twinkling eyes,
I only have to breathe in slow
To hear your gentle sighs,
You are with me from the morning,
And you linger through the day
And the night is never far behind
For in my dreams you stay
Comments
Post a Comment