Thoughts

You are my best friend. 

Someone I want to talk to all the time, 

I just want to be with you, 

And frankly everything seems better with you

It's crazy, and illogical, but it's true. 

If I can do something with you, 

I would always want to. 

My minds waiting for texts you don't send

My heart hurts with times I don't get to share with you

And maybe this is inexplicably selfish, 

And you're probably right

But I just want to be the sun you revolve around,

I want to be loved deeply, 

I want to be all you can think about, 

Head heavy, in sweet nectar, 

I want to be the muse of a sad little love poem 

Like the ones sitting in my drawer, 

And that's why I get sad, 

Because I expect the love I think I deserve, 

And I have impossibly high standards. 

And I'm scared that you'll get over this all,

Tired of the melodramatics, 

And in a way I would have sabotaged yet proved my point

All in one; 

I am my own undoing 

Comments

Popular Posts