Uncertainty
You had me,
Then you lost me.
Or maybe I was never yours.
It's hard to tell
When the words you'd say
Are etched upon my skin.
One for every sideways glance,
A subconscious smile or two.
Marks which don't fade
But instead grow further,
Deep rooted in my mind
Cherry red bark twisting
Around my thoughts.
Neither the winds of time nor
Clouds of circumstance
Dare uproot this old oak.
And the thoughts we felt
Were leaves of the same tree.
A tree which never lost its hue
But grew and grew and grew.
A relic of a different time.
Oh, I had you.
But then I lost you.
Or maybe you were never mine.
It's hard to tell.
Then you lost me.
Or maybe I was never yours.
It's hard to tell
When the words you'd say
Are etched upon my skin.
One for every sideways glance,
A subconscious smile or two.
Marks which don't fade
But instead grow further,
Deep rooted in my mind
Cherry red bark twisting
Around my thoughts.
Neither the winds of time nor
Clouds of circumstance
Dare uproot this old oak.
And the thoughts we felt
Were leaves of the same tree.
A tree which never lost its hue
But grew and grew and grew.
A relic of a different time.
Oh, I had you.
But then I lost you.
Or maybe you were never mine.
It's hard to tell.
Comments
Post a Comment