To remember
My darling,
I brush your hair down,
It falls flat,
Riled up by restless nights.
Palms resting against your face,
I wish away the headaches,
The pain, the unfamiliarity.
Foreheads together
Our white locks meshing
Like spider's webs.
Tears trickle down our skin,
Until both our faces are soaked.
I couldn't hear the clocks tick -
I am deaf to Time.
Instead my mind was on
That sweet December afternoon
When I asked you to be mine
We found sanctuary in our selfish love,
And laughed from the outside.
But you're silent now,
Thoughts irretrievable.
And as you gaze,
Scanning my face with that
Girlish charm you never quite lost
I will never stop loving you,
though this figure is a stranger now.
I will care for you,
The way she would have wanted.
And as I hold you dearly,
You slip further away.
No worries, though.
I'll never be far,
My darling.
I brush your hair down,
It falls flat,
Riled up by restless nights.
Palms resting against your face,
I wish away the headaches,
The pain, the unfamiliarity.
Foreheads together
Our white locks meshing
Like spider's webs.
Tears trickle down our skin,
Until both our faces are soaked.
I couldn't hear the clocks tick -
I am deaf to Time.
Instead my mind was on
That sweet December afternoon
When I asked you to be mine
We found sanctuary in our selfish love,
And laughed from the outside.
But you're silent now,
Thoughts irretrievable.
And as you gaze,
Scanning my face with that
Girlish charm you never quite lost
I will never stop loving you,
though this figure is a stranger now.
I will care for you,
The way she would have wanted.
And as I hold you dearly,
You slip further away.
No worries, though.
I'll never be far,
My darling.
Comments
Post a Comment